By Team ADU
New Delhi. 06 December 2016.
- India is among the five fastest-growing aviation markets globally and is poised to be the 3rd largest aviation market by 2020.
- Cohesion with State Governments under the new Civil Aviation Policy & the Regional Connectivity Scheme.
- Indian carriers plan to increase their fleet size to reach 800 aircraft by 2020.
- Aim to enhance the number of operational airports to 250 by the year 2030.
- Plan to revive and operationalize around 50 airports in India over the next 10 years to improve remote & regional air connectivity.
- Single window clearance and reduction of dwell time to foster the Air Cargo growth story.
- Building capabilities to emerge as a preferred destination for manufacturing of aerospace components among the other allied business.
- Public Private Partnership models,FDI initiatives and incentives for increased private and global collaboration.
- Development of the Indian market for the Helicopter Industry (for disaster relief, tourism, medical evacuation & pilgrimage services) a growing business opportunity.
- Push for Start-ups in Aviation via the Start Up India Initiative.
- Emphasis on advanced information technology in the growing aviation industry.
- 3rd largest no of HNI’s outside US & China, creating a larger scope for business aviation.
- Greater focus on infrastructure development & increasing liberalization via large scale collaborations
- Thriving Indian tourism industry with major increase in global & domestic air passenger traffic.
- India’s vision of becoming a global aviation hub by 2020