- South Western Army Commander reviews the passing out parade
Lucknow, 11 june 2016. Indian Army welcomed a new batch of youngsters into its fold. 610 Gentlemen Cadets of 138 Regular, 121 Technical Graduate and 24 University Entry Scheme Courses, including 45 Foreign Gentlemen Cadets from six friendly foreign countries passed out from the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun on 11 Jun 2016. Lt Gen Sarath Chand, UYSM, AVSM, VSM, GOC-in-C, South Western Command reviewed the parade.
The Gentlemen Cadets displayed tremendous enthusiasm, vigour and zeal, putting up an excellent show, marching to the tunes of `Colonel Bogey’ and `Sare Jahan Se Achha’ with pride and élan. Congratulating the Gentlemen Cadets on the successful completion of their training at IMA, the Reviewing Officer emphasized the need of imbibing the spirit of the motto of IMA, ‘Valour And Wisdom’, to achieve professional competence and traditional qualities of fair play, civility, maturity and tolerance in times of adversity.
To keep pace with the technological age, the Reviewing Officer laid emphasis on the importance of consistent reading and keeping abreast with the latest happenings.The General also mentioned to the Gentlemen Cadets, that the IMA Credo, which places safety, honour and welfare of the country first, always and every time, has a universal appeal to men and women in uniform all around the world. He said that being in uniform we have a definite role in contributing to the society and help in Nation building.
IMA’s world class reputation and the achievements of its Officers are attributable to the outstanding quality of the instructors and staff. At the end, the General Officer praised the high standard of training at the IMA and also congratulated the parents and the families of the Gentleman Cadets on the successful completion of the training of their wards.
The Reviewing Officer also inspected the Guard of Honour given by the Gentlemen Cadets and presented the awards. The coveted Sword of Honour was presented to Academy Cadet Adjutant Rajendra Singh Bisht. The Gold Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Overall Order of Merit was presented to Battlion Under Officer Aman Dhaka. The Reviewing Officer also gave away the following awards:-
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Second in the Order of Merit was presented to – Senior Under Officer N Dinesh Kumar.
- Bronze Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Third in the Order of Merit was presented to – Academy Cadet Adjutant Rajendra Singh Bisht.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Technical Graduate Course was presented to – Gentleman Cadet Avijit Hazra Chowdhury.
- Silver Medal for the Foreign Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit amongst the Foreign Gentlemen Cadets was presented to –Foreign Junior Under Officer Choki Dorji.
- The Chief of Army Staff Banner was presented to Imphal Company for standing overall First amongst the 16 companies for the Spring Term 2016.