1. The NCC conducts its assigned tasks through institutional training, which is carried out at schools and colleges, training camps at state and national level, social and community development programmes, Adventure training, Sports, and Youth Exchange Programmes (YEP).
2. A total of 1500 training camps are organized at the state and National level every year in which approximately 7.75 lakh cadets participate. There are other large number of adventure activities that NCC undertakes to develop the qualities of courage, camaraderie and team spirit. NCC also undertook undertake expedition Microlight flying, sailing and rafting form the focus in the ensuing times.
3. Adventure. 20 girl cadets scaled technically challenging Mount Ladakhi 5343 m in Himachal Pradesh and 05 boy cadets scaled difficult Mount Jogin III 6116m in Uttrakhand during the year. 10 cadets conducted a unique, one of its kind, Horse Riding Rally of 150 km covering 30 villages in Haryana. In addition to displaying riding prowess, the expedition also undertook activities to support “BetiBachao – BetiPadhao” along the route. Last year NCC also conducted 15 sailing expeditions in sea and rivers, conducted para jumping, scuba diving and slithering. In addition, 28 trekking camps were organized in which 14000 cadets took part.
4. Sports. Sports and Youth go hand in glove. During 2017, NCC won 14 medals in Mavlankar Shooting Championship and eight medals in National Shooting Championship. NCC Girls Team (U-17) played Bangladesh National Football team in Finals after defeating various State teams, while Boys Sub Junior team reached Quarter Finals of this tournament. In Jawaharlal lal Nehru Hockey Tournament, NCC Sub Junior team reached Semi Finals.
5. Swachht Bharat Abhiyan.NCC has participated in pan India campaign, in great numbers.
(a) Swachhta Hi Sewa. 11.54 lakh (90% of enrolled) cadets and staff participated from 15 Sep to 02 Oct 17. While focus of NCC has been in adopting villages/slums, many other activities like, Awareness Rallies, Poster/ Rangoli Making Competitions, Talks/Lectures/Debates in Institutions/Adopted Villages, NukkadNataks/ Plays & Pledge taking, etc. were also conducted.
(b) Swachhta se Siddhi. 5.55 lakh cadets wrote Essays & 1.95 lakh cadets produce digital films to elaborate how they have contribute towards the Swachhta in the country. Of these six cadets were felicitated by Hon’ble PM at New Delhi.
6. International Day of Yoga. A total of 7,52,392 cadets and staff participated in 5,833 venues including 8000 cadets at Lucknow where national mass Yoga Event was organized. A comprehensive Yoga Action Plan, drawn in April 17, much appreciated by all was shared with MoD, Min of AYUSH and all NCC State Directorates.
7. Social Service & Community Development Programmes . All social service activities are being conducted & monitored strictly as per the Action Plan issued to all in the beginning of training year.
(a) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. This is one of the central themes of NCC activities this year. Two major event under this programme where in NCC made outstanding contribution are as under:-
(i) SwachhtaSankalp Se SwachhSidhi. 5,55,238 cadets participated in Essay Writing and 1,94,834 cadets took part in Film Making competitions organized by Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation. Six NCC cadets were awarded by Prime Minister on 02 Oct 2017.
(ii) Swachhta Hi Sewa. The event was inaugurated by Hon’ble President in Kanpur on 15 Sep 2017. A total of 11,53,750 cadets and staff (90% of enrolled strength) participated pan India in this event during the SwachhtaPakhwada from 15 Sep to 02 Oct 2017.
(i) Youth Exchange Programme. Four delegations consisting of 8 officers & 50 SD &SW cadets visited Russia, Vietnam and Kazakhstan.
(ii) Induction of Microlite. A total of 110 new microlites are being inducted to NCC. A total of 32 microlites have been operationalised as on date.
(iii) Flood Relief Operations in Assam & Uttar Pradesh. NCC cadets made outstanding contribution during flood relief operations by assisting civil administration in distributing relief material and safe evacuation of people.
(iv) Participation in Awareness Run/ Rallies. NCC has always been the forefront of spreading awareness on various social issues. Participation of cadets in all such events has always been overwhelming. During this period a large number of NCC cadets participated in events like Pinkathon, Mini/ Half Marathon organized by Territorial Army Directorate, Rally for Rivers etc.