- New 4.3” Control Display Unit Designed for Aircraft Cockpit Applications
08 May 2017. Van Nuys, CA. Industrial Electronic Engineers (IEE), manufacturer of enhanced rugged displays for military and aerospace applications, has contracted with the Technology Applications Program Office (TAPO) to manufacture a new 4.3″ Control Display Unit (CDU). The TAPO mission focuses on aircraft modernization programs and lifecycle management to provide the most capable rotary wing aircraft in the world.
“This 4.3” CDU provides a central data entry and status display for the aircraft platform,” commented Steve Motter, Vice President of Business Development for IEE. “Easing the burden of the operator increases efficiency, and helps improve overall mission effectiveness.”
The 4.3″ Control Display Unit (CDU) provides flexibility and reuse through the application of the ARINC-661 open standard. Other features include:
- 4.3” Transmissive AMLCD, 480 x 272 (QWVGA)
- Brightness: NVIS to >1200 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (native)
- Dual Core Intel Atom E3825 processor (1.33 GHz)
- 2GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8GB SD Fla
- ARINC-661 over 10/100 Ethernet
- Controls: 5 sealed pushbuttons, 2 rocker switches
- Power Input: 28VDC per MIL-STD-704F
- Operating Temperature: -40ºC to +71ºC continuous
The 4.3” CDU has connectors for 28VDC power and Ethernet. Other tactical communications interfaces are available. The bezel features five pushbuttons and two rocker switches that are software configurable. This smart display utilizes an Intel Atom E3825 dual core processor, and operates under a wide range of lighting conditions from full dark (NVIS) to bright sunlight.