During the financial year 2016-17, BRO took up the construction of ten critical bridges and roads of strategic importance on a war-footing by mobilizing its resources and manpower in a vigorous way. The projects are:-
- Construction of a 470ftHimankSetu over Shyok River on the Indo-China border.
- TsultakSetu connecting PangongTso for improving traffic-ability of both tourists and military personnel.
- The 529m span cable-stayed AtalSetu connecting Dunera-Basoli-Bhaderwah in J&K at 14.74km.
- 1020m spanUjhbridge in Kathua district of J&Kconnecting Parole-Korepannu-Rajpura Road as an alternative axis to NH44.
- 453m span Jodhbridgelocated at 13.40km on Akhnoor-Pallanwala Road in J&K, completed.
- 55m span Dobniyarbridgelocated at 0.29km on Berripattan-Minka Road in J&K completed.
- Under Project Hirak a 100ft span equipment bridge connecting Ghatiabagrah-Lipulekh road at 57.04km over DogongNallahwas completed.
- Under project Arunank, a 200ftDDR Bailey Bridge at Gelensiniak across the Subansiri River approximately 20km ahead of Limekingon at the confluence of the River and Tsari Chu has been launched.
- A 100ft Bailey bridge over KaochaoRiver in Mizoram connecting Kaochao-Phura-Tokalo Road was opened to the public.