New Delhi. 04 May 2019. Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘Fani’ commenced making landfall around 0819hrs between Gopalpur and Chandbali in Odisha, today. Indian Coast Guard has initiated series of pre-emptive measures from April 23, 2019 onwards with the first sign of low pressure in South East Bay of Bengal.
- 34 Disaster Response Teams (DRTs) were kept standby at various places.
- 02 CG ships, ICGS Sagar and ICGS Shaurya sailed from Chennai with helicopter embarked onboard ICGS Shaurya for aerial surveillance and assistance to affected areas.
- 02 CG ships, ICGS Samudra Paheredar and ICGS Shaunak sailed from Visakhapatnam with potable water, lifesaving equipment and Gemini craft embarked. ICGS Shaunak sailed with helicopter embarked for air surveillance/ assistance to stranded people.
- ICG Disaster Response Teams were dispatched for assistance at Fishing Hamlets and Port areas of Gopalpur post cyclone Fani crossed the coast.
- ICG Dorniers kept standby to carry out surveillance/ assessment post landfall.
- Medical teams have been augmented at Paradip, Haldia and Gopalpur for emergency medical management.
- Food packets and potable water has been kept standby at ICG stations for immediate distribution.
- Real time communication is being maintained with all ICG Stations, SDMA control rooms and Disaster Response Team.
Continuous liaison is being maintained with SDMA and all local authorities for Disaster Response and Relief.