New Delhi. 12 January 2021. Vistara announced daily, non-stop flights between Sharjah (UAE) and Delhi starting 20 January 2021. The airline will operate its Airbus A320neo aircraft on this route as part of the ‘air bubble agreement’ between India and the UAE, complementing its services to/from Dubai.
Vistara will also become the only airline to offer travellers the choice of Premium Economy cabin in addition to Business and Economy cabins. Bookings for flights to and from Sharjah are being progressively opened on all channels, including Vistara’s website, mobile app, and through travel agents.
Commenting on the importance of this new route in Vistara’s network strategy, Leslie Thng, Chief Executive Officer, Vistara, said, “We continue to witness significant demand for travel between India and the UAE, and are delighted to add our second destination, after Dubai, in the country to our route map. We are determined to provide the finest flying experience and enhanced convenience to travellers to and from Sharjah and remain committed to strengthening our global presence.”
Starting all-inclusive, round-trip fares between Delhi and Sharjah are as follows:
|Delhi-Sharjah-Delhi||INR 15,999||INR 21,999||INR 50,999|
|Sharjah-Delhi-Sharjah||AED 799||AED 1,099||AED 2,559|
SCHEDULE OF FLIGHTS TO SHARJAH, UAE
|Sector||Flight No.||Days of Operation||Departure||Arrival|
|Delhi (DEL) – Sharjah (SHJ)||UK 267||Daily||0230 Hours||0500 Hours|
|Sharjah (SHJ) – Delhi (DEL)||UK 268||Daily||0600 Hours||1135 Hours|
|* All timings shown are in local time zones|
** The above schedule is for the period 20 Jan 2021 – 27 Mar 2021
Vistara will accept all eligible customers meeting visa/entry requirements in both the countries, as specified by the respective government bodies. Vistara strongly encourages its customers to fully understand these guidelines before making their bookings. All travelers to Sharjah must have a negative RT-PCR test report, conducted not more than 96 hours prior to arriving at Sharjah Airport. Travellers will have to undergo another mandatory RT-PCR test upon arrival at Sharjah. Also, customers travelling to India from Sharjah must carry a negative RT-PCR test report, conducted within 72 hours prior to arriving in India.
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Vistara has taken several measures to ensure the highest levels of hygiene across touchpoints. This includes Vistara’s cabin crew wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times and avoiding all non-essential interaction with passengers. Aircraft interiors are thoroughly disinfected after every flight using approved cleaning agents – a procedure that includes thorough sanitization of all surfaces such as seats, touchscreens, overhead bins, seatbelts, tray tables, galleys, etc. The airline has also introduced a new food & beverage service for all its customers, in line with the regulatory guidelines.
- Vistara has introduced a slew of measures for the health and safety of all in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The airline requires its customers to follow some guidelines that include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that they are fit to travel and do not have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Provide COVID-19 negative certificate, per applicable guidelines
- Fill the mandatory self-reporting form on Air Suvidha online portal where eligible passengers can also apply for exemption from compulsory institutional quarantine
- Checking-in online/downloading boarding pass and using self-service options wherever available
- Wearing a face mask at all times throughout the journey and additionally a face shield during the entire duration of their flight
- Observing social distancing and frequent use of hand sanitisers