New Delhi. 02 December 2019. Since Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has denied grant of Environment and Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) clearances for setting-up of Indian Coast Guard Academy at Azhikkal, Kerala, as the project site at Azhikkal falls under CRZ-1(A) area, wherein no construction is permissible as per the CRZ notification, the project of Indian Coast Guard to establish Indian Coast Guard Academy at Azhikkal, Kerala has been dropped. Currently, officers of Indian Coast Guard undergo Basic Military Training at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala along with their counterparts of Indian Navy. This helps in the mutual interchange of Officers among these two sister services.
Plan to set up Coast Guard Academy in Kerala shelved
- Indian Coast Guard inducts ALH Mk-III into its aviation arm
- Indian Coast Guard successfully conducts swift medical evacuation off Goa
- Coast Guard apprehends Myanmarese poachers in Indian EEZ
- Indian Coast Guard Locates Missing Fishing Boat Mercedes at High Seas
- L&T Launches 7th Offshore Patrol Vessel for Indian Coast Guard