- Ministry of Civil Aviation developed an action plan focusing on cleanliness drives through Regional/Field oﬃces, at airports and in flights.
- Union Minister Jyotiraditya M. Scindia participated in Swachhta Shramdaan in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
New Delhi. 02 October 2023. All Organisations under the Ministry of Civil Aviation organised Shramdaan events at various locations led by their respective heads. Union Minister for Civil Aviation and Steel Jyotiraditya M. Scindia participated in Swachhta Shramdaan in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh and motivated every citizen to keep their surroundings clean by participating in the Jan Andolan of Swachhata Hi Seva.
One of such Shramdaan event was led by Shri Vumlunmang Vualnam, Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation at Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, New Delhi wherein the cleaning activity at service lane and premises adjoining Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan was carried out. Officials of Ministry of Civil Aviation, Airports Authority of India and volunteers contributed to the “Shramdaan” event
Swachhata Hi Seva (SHS) campaign is being celebrated from 15th September to 2nd October this year under the joint aegis of Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS) & Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) for undertaking shramdaan and other activities aiming to generate Jan Andolan through community participation.
As part of the SHS campaign theme ‘Garbage Free India’, the Ministry of Civil Aviation is wholeheartedly participating in this national effort by way of:
- Announcement of SHS 2023 messages during flights;
- Placement of banners, posters, standees and selfie points at Airports across the country to spread the message of Swachhata;
- Playing videos on Swachhata Hi Sewa Campaign at Airports;
- Conducting Swachhata pledges in Organisations of Ministry & field offices;
- Organizing swachhata Run
In line with the clarion call of Prime Minister “Ek Tareekh Ek Ghanta Ek Saath” for joining the Shramdaan, a cleanliness initiative as part of Swachh Bharat on 1st October, 2023 at 10 A.M., a massive cleanliness drive was carried out across the country.
Ministry of Civil Aviation along with it’s organisations developed an action plan focusing on cleanliness drives through Regional/Field oﬃces of the Organizations under the Ministry so as to contribute towards achieving the objectives of the campaign. 140 events were conducted for cleanliness drive & Shramdaan on 1st October, 2023.