LOS ANGELES, California. 08 January 2019 . Air Lease Corporation announced an update on activity taking place in the fourth quarter of 2018: As of December 31, 2018, ALC’s fleet was comprised of 275 owned aircraft and 61 managed aircraft, with commitments to acquire a total of 372 new aircraft for delivery through 2024.
Order book Deliveries
- Delivered 12 new aircraft including 3 Boeing 737 MAX 8, 2 Boeing 787-9s, 4 Airbus A321neos, 2 Airbus A321ceos and 1 Airbus A330-900neo
- The majority of this quarter’s order book deliveries occurred throughout the second half of the quarter
- Sold 2 aircraft to Thunderbolt Aircraft Lease Limited II
- Sold 1 aircraft to Blackbird Capital II, LLC
- Sold 2 aircraft to third party buyers
“Our business continues to perform well. As to the timing of deliveries and aircraft sales, one new aircraft delivery moved into the first quarter of 2019, as did a few of the aircraft sales to Thunderbolt II. We expect to complete the sale of the remaining six aircraft to Thunderbolt II in 2019,” said Gregory B. Willis, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.