- We deeply regret Pakistan’s continued misuse of the Council to make tendentious references about internal matters pertaining to the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Their misinformation campaign, backed by fabricated facts and figures, on this issue only reflects the desperation that has seeped into their narrative.
- Pakistan’s continued support for terror groups operating in Jammu and Kashmir is the main challenge to protecting the human rights of our citizens in the State. Pakistan’s selective approach in tackling terror groups operating outside Pakistan and within, despite the numerous solemn promises made underscores the continuing unwillingness to acknowledge the truth.
- We remind the Government of Pakistan that it had made a solemn commitment in January 2004 to not allow its soil or territory under its control to be used for terrorism against India. The persistent and growing violation of this undertaking is a matter of very serious concern.
- We await credible action by the Government of Pakistan to bring all those involved in the 2008 Mumbai attack and the 2016 Pathankot attack to justice. The latest terrorist attack in Uri, where 18 Indian soldiers lost their life and over 20 injured, only underlines that the infrastructure of terrorism in Pakistan remains active. The recovery of GPS, grenades with Pakistani markings, communication matrix sheets and equipments and other stores made in Pakistan, and patterns of infiltration and attacks, is clear evidence of involvement of terror organizations based in Pakistan or territory under its control. We demand that Pakistan lives upto its public commitment to refrain from supporting and sponsoring terrorism against India.
- We would like to iterate that India is not the only victim of Pakistan’s preaching, practicing, encouraging and nurturing terrorism. The deleterious impact of Pakistan’s irresponsible and short-sighted approach of terrorism as state policy has started showing in other countries of South Asia and beyond.
- It is unfortunate that Pakistan’s trust in the methods of terror are so deep that it does not hesitate from using them on its own people in Balochistan, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as well as the tribal areas in its northwest.This coupled with the utter disregard for the human rights of religious and sectarian minorities has turned Pakistan into the true epicenter of global terror.
- In Pakistan, our region is dealing with a terrorist state, which has for years with complete impunity channelized billions of dollars from international aid, to training, financing and supporting terrorist groups as militant proxies against it neighbours.Internationally proscribed terrorist entities and their leaderscontinue to roam the streets of Pakistan freely and operate with State support; even raising funds openly in flagrant violation of Pakistan’s international obligations.
- We call upon the Council to urge Pakistan to engage in honest introspection and focus its energies on acting against perpetrators of terrorist attacks on its neighbours from its own territory. Countering terrorism emanating from Pakistan, that has turned out to be the most acute violator of human rights, is the only way to address the risk to peace and stability of the region.
Right of Reply by India in response to a statement by Pakistan under Agenda item 8 at 33rd Session of the Human Rights Council (September 26, 2016)
- Symbiosis School for International Studies to Host Eleventh International Relations Conference
- 2nd Joint Working Group meeting of India-UK Electric Propulsion Capability Partnership held in New Delhi
- Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue 2023 to take off
- Indian & Singaporean Defence Secretaries co-chair 15th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue
- India rejects allegations by Canada
- Is Myanmar Army taking the nation towards a debacle?
- JPB Systeme strives to meet decarbonisation targets
- Aero MRO India 2023 successfully brainstorms new horizons
- National Geographic India’s ‘Inside NSG’ recalls the bravery of NSG Commandos on15 anniversary of 26/11National Geographic India’s ‘Inside NSG’ recalls the bravery of NSG Commandos on15 anniversary of 26/11
- MBDA’s Indian Media Tour takes off