- Offered at introductory price, the Axon Quick Start Kit provides everything needed to start using the FTI industry’s lightest, most powerful and flexible compact DAU
Nurnberg, Germany. 26 June 2018. Curtiss–Wright’s Defense Solutions division announced at the European Test and Telemetry Conference 2018 (ETTC) that its Aerospace Instrumentation (AI) business unit, which includes its Acra and Teletronics (TTC) product lines, has introduced the new Axon™ Quick Start Kit (QSK) to speed and ease access to its next-generation compact Axon data acquisition unit (DAU) for flight test instrumentation (FTI) applications. Axon, the most powerful and modern DAU on the market, combines unprecedented flexibility with outstanding reliability for demanding FTI applications. It provides system designers with advanced features, such as the Axonite™ remote module system, numerous onboard software resources, and support for daisy-chaining chassis via a dual-port Ethernet controller module.
Using the Axon QSK (AXN/QSK/001), FTI engineers can rapidly familiarize themselves with the DAU as it includes everything needed in the supplied flight case. The QSK is also 100% usable in a full flight test campaign and can be augmented with more modules, Axon chassis, or other DAUs from Curtiss-Wright.
Axon Quick Start Kit Contents:
The Axon QSK provides all of the hardware needed to get started, including:
- 9 user slot Axon chassis (AXN/CHS/09U)
- A dual-port Gigabit Ethernet, controller, programmer and transmitter (AXN/BCU/401)
- 8 channel flexible analog module (AXN/ADC/401)
- 24 channel ARINC-429 bus monitor / packetizer module (AXN/ABM/401)
- Axonite remote module chassis (AXN/ITE/01U)
- Axonite extender card (AXN/EXT/401)
- Laptop with DAS Studio and TTCWare setup software installed
- All required cables and connectors
- A user guide with information on the use of Axon modules
“The Axon Quick Start Kit lets FTI engineers easily familiarize themselves with our innovative new Axon data acquisition platform,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “With its miniature size and unprecedented flexible installation options, Axon lets FTI engineers lower the weight of equipment and wiring, gather more data, and meet demanding time schedules while ensuring that none of their critical data is lost during flight test. Available at a one-time only introductory cost, the Axon QSK makes it easier for FTI engineers to discover for themselves why Axon represents the future of flight test, missile and aircraft monitoring applications.”