Boise, Idaho. 13 July 2018. Idaho Commerce will exhibit with nine Idaho companies that specialize in producing, manufacturing, and distributing aerospace and defense products and services. These companies have proven that Idaho is uniquely positioned – both geographically and strategically – to play a significant role in research, development, and manufacturing of aerospace products. With three research universities, a national laboratory, and one of a handful of Boeing-recognized training programs, Idaho has the proximity, terrain, and expertise for businesses to succeed.
This is Idaho Commerce’s second time exhibiting in what is considered the largest industry event in the world this year. In 2016, the event attracted over 1500 exhibitors from 52 countries, and more than 100,000 visitors attended. Idaho companies will look to continue their success from the 2016 show, where they saw total revenues upwards of $7.5 million in the 9 months following the show. Both the 2016 and 2018 events were funded in part through the STEP grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
“Idaho’s aerospace industry has seen incredible growth over the last few years and we have worked hard to showcase Idaho on a global scale,” said Idaho Commerce Director Bobbi-Jo Meuleman. “The opportunities available at Farnborough will only increase our presence on the international stage and we are excited for our Idaho companies to develop relationships with companies around the globe.”
The companies joining the Commerce team in the Idaho Pavilion include:
1. Advanced Ceramic Fibers produces a novel, low-cost, carbon-fiber, “re-bar” material that can be incorporated into a variety of components. These composites can be 300-500% stronger, 1/3 lighter, and improve resistance to creep, oxidation, and fatigue. www.acfibers.com
2. AERO Specialties provides complete aircraft ground support equipment solutions to FBO, MRO, military, airline, and general aviation customers. www.aerospecialties.com
3. AeroLEDs designs and manufactures all LED aircraft lighting solutions and was founded out of necessity to fill a void of high-output/low-power applications for the Experimental/Special Use aircraft with limited electrical system capabilities. https://aeroleds.com
4. Aviation Specialties Unlimited (ASU) was established to safeguard the men and women that serve, protect, rescue, and defend with innovative night vision imaging systems. ASU brought military night vision technology to the civil aviation market more than 20 years ago and has grown to offer cutting-edge night vision solutions through design, manufacturing, installation, certification, sales, training and service to both aviation and ground markets around the world. www.asu-nvg.com
5. Black Sage aims to protect critical facilities, crowds, and VIPs against the threat of malicious UAS with a ruggedized, lightweight, fully automatic Counter UAS system (CUAS). Black Sage’s UASX system uses AI target classification, video tracking and multiple target prioritization to automate the CUAS detect-identify-defeat process—relentlessly operating, 24/7. www.blacksagetech.com
6. G-Zero is a premier CNC Machine shop which include horizontal multi-pallet systems, vertical milling and lathe turning. G Zero excels in partnering with their customers to meet budget requirements, communication and production consistency. They are a Tier 2 supplier to Boeing and certified in AS9100:D, ISO9001:2015, QSLM, and FFL. www.gzerocnc.com
7. Tamarack Aerospace Group designs and develops innovative technology for business, commercial, and military aircrafts, specializing in revolutionary active winglets. Easy to install, Tamarack winglets create unsurpassed performance and fuel efficiencies, making aircraft more cost effective for operators and reducing CO2 gas emissions. The patented design of the active winglets are three to four times more efficient than previous types. https://tamarackaero.com
8. Western Aircraft, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, is one of the largest parts distributors in the world with over 25 years of parts experience you can rely on. They stock over 18,000 FAA-approved line items, rotable components, and modification kits, with $10 million of parts inventory, ready to deliver in 24 hours or less. www.westair.com
9. WMD Tech’s mission is to provide innovative solutions to the training and equipment challenges presented to EOD Bomb Technicians across the globe. WMD is also proud to introduce their subsidiary 3D printing company, 3DOps. They offer metal 3D printing, plastic injection molds along with 17-4 stainless steel, fiberglass, Kevlar, onyx, and more.