Los Angeles, California. 12 April 2022. Air Lease Corporation announced an update on aircraft investments, sales, new significant financing, and other activity occurring in the first quarter of 2022.
As of March 31, 2022, ALC’s fleet was comprised of 391 owned aircraft and 93 managed aircraft, with 451 new aircraft on order from Boeing and Airbus set to deliver through 2028.
- Delivered eight new aircraft from ALC’s order book including one Airbus A320neo, two Airbus A321neos, one Airbus A330-900neo, three Boeing 737-8s, and one Boeing 737-9
- Purchased one incremental Boeing 737-800, which was concurrently leased to an ALC customer
- Aircraft investments in the quarter totaled approximately $490 million
- No aircraft sales occurred during the quarter
- Issued $1.5 billion of senior unsecured medium-term notes comprised of $750 million of 2.20% senior unsecured medium-term notes due 2027, and $750 million of 2.875% senior unsecured medium-term notes due 2032
- In March of 2022, we terminated leases for all ALC aircraft on lease to Russian airline customers. We currently have 21 owned aircraft remaining in Russia, representing approximately 3.4% of our fleet by net book value as of March 31, 2022.