Start-ups to benefit from six-month acceleration programme
Hyderabad. 17 March, 2016. Airbus BizLab has selected the start-ups that submitted their project’s proposals for the Airbus business accelerators in Hamburg, Germany and Bangalore, India, in their latest calls.
The six start-ups selected in Hamburg from 100 applicants in 29 countries have been:
- ZinkCloudfrom Spain – The project is about developing a software to improve quality production by using machine learning and natural language processing.
- Jetlitefrom Germany – “jetlite – light to lighten your jetlag”. The proposal is about increasing passenger comfort and decreasing jetlag by an innovative use of the existing cabin lighting LED- system.
- Synergeticonfrom Germany – Offers a digital platform with connected smart tools to provide optimal support for manual work processes in production and maintenance
- Velmennifrom Estonia/India: The idea is about creating a new wireless technology for high speed data transmission using visible light.
- Terakifrom Germany: The project consists of making Big Data Small. Software solutions are provided to reduce data from any Internet of Things sensors in a significant and smart way
- Nebaquafrom Spain: The proposal is about a water separation systems based on ultrasonic nebulization that helps reduce weight and the related management costs
The four start-ups selected in Bangalore from 80 applicants in seven countries have been:
- Blue Morfofrom India – This start-up is developing a mobile application to detect and prevent specific corporate health related issues, like exposure of airline crew to jetlag, cabin pressurisation, etc.,
- ShoonyaGames from India – It is proposing interactive gaming solutions for training and marketing purposes through the use of Virtual Reality and 3D technologies embedded in a mobile device.
- Open Turffrom India – The project is about providing Wireless in-flight entertainment using passenger personal devices
- Qualitasfrom USA – Offers automated quality inspection systems for manufacturing, specializing in 2D and 3D machine vision.
Airbus offers to projects a comprehensive support through a six-month acceleration programme. The selected start-ups will interact with a large number of Airbus experts from various domains (technology, legal, finance, marketing, etc.) and will benefit of a dedicated mentor. They will have office space and have access to prototyping and test facilities. A dedicated demo day with Airbus decision makers, partners, subsidiaries, customers, and venture capital will be also offered.