New Delhi, Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019. In the run up to the Bicentenery of the Bombay Sappers & to commemorate valiant contribution of the Bombay Sappers during Kargil Ops, a Adventure Bike Expedition was undertaken from Dras on 26 July, flagged of by the Dy Cheif Of Army Staff Lt Gen Hasabnis. The expedition comprising of two Officers and 11 other ranks of Bombay Sappers after traversing approx 2000kms over last two weeks had reached Delhi on 11 Aug. Thereafter, the team had payed homage to the martyrs both at India Gate & National War Memorial. Today on 13 Aug 2019 the Team was flagged of by the Vice Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen D Anbu & the Engineer in Chief Lt Gen S.K Srivastava from the Kashmir house. The rally will be flagged in at Pune, Bombay Engineer Group Centre on 21 Aug 2019.
BOMBAY SAPPERS BICENTENARY MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITION FROM DRAS TO PUNE
- Army Chief visits Western Naval Command and stealth frigate INS Teg
- Exercise KAZIND 21 between India & Kazakhstan culminates
- Chief of Army Staff Visits Chandimandir Military Station
- BRO working to restore connectivity at Dharchula in Uttarakhand
- Indian Army reaches Russia to participate in Exercise ZAPAD 2021