New Delhi. 04 Aug, 2016. A Hawk trainer aircraft got airborne from Kalaikunda airbase of West Bengal for a routine training mission at 1030h. After take off the aircraft developed unserviceability resulting into a crash. Both pilots of the aircraft ejected safely. There is no reported damage on the ground. A Court of Inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of the accident.
Hawk aircraft crashes at AF Station Kalaikunda
- Defence Minister hands over indigenously-developed equipment & systems to Indian Army
- Indian Minister of Defence interacts with 2022 Commonwealth Games medalists & participants of the Armed ForcesIndian Minister of Defence interacts with 2022 Commonwealth Games medalists & participants of the Armed Forces
- L & T to repair US Navy Ship Charles Drew
- IAF Chief flies in HAL made aircraft
- DRDO successfully test fires indigenously developed laser-guided ATGMs